CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL 1

Minutes of the Meeting of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council held on Wednesday, 21st September 2005, in Blakedown Parish Room.

PRESENT Cllr R J Whiston (Chairman)

Cllr A J Cairns

Cllr S J Danks

Cllr P A Dearden

Cllr Mrs P V Hayward (from Item 6.11, Minute 167(11)/05)

Cllr Dr J M Parker

Cllr Mrs I A Scott

Cllr Mrs M Thomas

In attendance: Geoff Elwell, Millennium Green Trustee and Parish Games Co-ordinator)

R D Gurney, Clerk to the Parish Council

162/05 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

These were received from Cllr Pitt and County Cllr S J M Clee.

163/05 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

164/05 COMMUNITY POLICING

No representative of the police was present and there was no report.

ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

(3 members of the public were in attendance.

Geoff Elwell referred to the costs involved with insuring the Millennium Green and asked whether the PC would give a grant towards this. He will submit a request to the Clerk for consideration at the following meeting.

One member of the public commented on a planning applications which was for discussion later in the meeting).

165/05 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

County Cllr Clee had submitted his apology and there was no report.

166/05 TO CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 17th AUGUST 2005

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Scott, seconded by Cllr Cairns, and RESOLVED that the Minutes, being a true and accurate record of the proceedings of the meeting, be signed by the Chairman.

167/05 PROGRESS REPORTS FOR INFORMATION

(1) Parish Web site. Malcolm Hall was invited to speak. He commented that recently it has been a quiet period. He has received several emails in response to the suggested development adjacent to the station, which have been passed on to the developer/owner, Satnam. The number of hits remains high. It was suggested that a feature be made of the footpath/bridleway netw ork in the parish.

12 CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.09.05

(2) Blakedown Playground. Cllr Danks reported that some £12,000 has been raised towards the improvements, some of which was raised at the Village Fete. The AGM is planned for 20th October.

(3) Consultation with Kinver PC. There has still been no reply from the Clerk to Kinver PC .

(4) Car Parking Agreement, The Old House at Home. The Clerk reported that it appears that the rental agreement ceased when the new brewery took over in 2000. WFDC is prepared to arrange a meeting with the current owners, if that is the PC’s wish. Members felt that no action should be taken at present, but Cllr Cairns agreed to speak informally with the licensee.

(5) Stream Course, adj. Churchill Lane. No progress has been made regarding the name of the brook.

(6) Street naming/nameplates, Churchill/Crown Lane. The Chairman has met with officers of WFDC to agree the locations for these signs on the north side and south side of Churchill crossroads.

(7) Disabled parking sign at the Parish Room. This is now displayed.

(8) WCC Assistance with Street Lighting. The Clerk reported that he has sent the request to Pirelli to undertake an inspection of the lighting columns.

(9) Request for footway along A.451, Iverley. The Clerk reported that the request has been acknowledged by Staffs CC and by Kinver PC.

(10) Untidy land, Station Drive/Birmingham Road. It was reported that this land has recently been cleared and tidied up.

(11) Land off Station Drive, Blakedown. It was reported that comments received to this project have been passed to the developer. It was also reported that the School Governors did not consider that it would have an impact on the village school. It was accepted that this needs to be kept under review and that monies are made available for village uses, if the scheme proceeds.

(12) Bridleway no. 23, Halfshire Lane/New Wood Lane. The work to safeguard the pipeline had been done the day following the last meeting and the bridleway was re- opened that day.

(13) Churchyard at Blakedown. The Clerk reported that he had not received any comment from the PCC in response to his letter regarding churchyard maintenance grants.

(14) Police Community Consultative Group. Mr Keys’ report, which was circulated with the agenda, was noted.

168/05 PLANNING APPLICATIONS

(1) Applications received

WF/0850/05 TPO: Fell willow, 38 Mill Lane, Blakedown

No objection.

WF/0861/05 Fell Corsican pine, 11 Lynwood Drive, Blakedown

No objection.

 

 

CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.09.05 13

WF/0919/05 Two storey and single storey extension, 30 Mill Lane, Blakedown

No objection.

(2) Appeal notification

WF/0254/05 Erection of single storey extension, Woodland House, New Wood Lane, Blakedown

It was agreed that the original comment of “No objection” be confirmed.

(3) Decision notices

WF/0757/04 Three 3 bedroom houses and four 4 bedroom houses with garages, parking spaces and access off Swan Close, land at 21 Birmingham Road, Blakedown - GRANTED subject to 19 conditions

WF/0694/05 Fell 2 conifers and 2 willows, 12 Churchill Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED

WF/0745/05 Fell one Scots pine, 11A Mill Lane, - GRANTED

WF/0750/05 Extensions, Stanway Mead, 4 New Wood Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED

WF/0784/05 Extensions, Stagg Hill, New Wood Lane, Blakedown - WITHDRAWN

169/05 FINANCE

(1) The Clerk reported that the current account stands at £683.34p in credit and the Instant Access account stands at £11,802.20p, giving a total balance of £12,485.54p.

(2) The Receipts and Payments Account for 06.07.05 - 06.09.05 was received.

(3) It was proposed by Cllr Dr Parker, seconded by Cllr Mrs Scott, and resolved that the following accounts be approved for payment:

Staples UK Ltd, photocopying - August £40.00 + £4.90 (VAT) £ 44.90

R D Gurney - salary, August/September 2005 £525.60

Mrs L Hobson (shelter cleaning, April - mid August £ 37.50

V Rudge grass cutting, August/September £270.00

Mark Jones 5 weeks to 12.09.05 £400.00

£1,278.00

170/05 REQUEST TO PLANT BULBS WITHIN HIGHWAY VERGES, CHURCHILL AND ISMERE

(Cllr Mrs Hayward declared a personal interest in this item)

The Clerk reported that he had received a letter and plan from Cllr Mrs Hayward regarding a bequest for Spring bulbs to be planted in several locations in Churchill and Ismere. Copies of the plan were circulated at the meeting. Approval of the Parish Council is needed before the locations can be assessed by the HPU. The Parish Council agreed to support the proposed scheme.

 

CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.09.05 1

171/05 HIGHWAY MATTERS

It was noted that hedges are encroaching footways and the Handyman is to be asked to cut back the left hand side of the PF no. CB530, from Birmingham Road towards the railway, and the rear of the pavement between the driveway to the Sports field and the school gate. The Handyman is asked to stain the older bus shelter during the winter. The Clerk was asked to write to the owner of the holly hedge opposite the school, rear of Roxall Close.

172/05 PARISH LENGTHSMAN SCHEME

The Clerk reported that he has received details of this scheme from Mr Broome and a list of the lengthsman’s duties was enclosed with the agenda. In view of the duties currently being undertaken by Mark Jones it was agreed that the Parish Council should join the scheme as soon as is practical. The Clerk is to liaise with Mr Broome.

173/05 TO CONSIDER A DRAFT RISK ASSESSMENT SCHEME

A draft risk assessment was circulated with the agenda. Several amendments were suggested and the Clerk was asked to include the revised scheme on the next agenda.

174/05 CORRESPONDENCE FROM CALC

The MAIL was circulated with the agenda.

The Clerk reported the policing procedures, amendments to the format of the Area Meeting and the subscriptions were discussed at the Area Meeting on 8th September.

The Clerk reminded Members of the training meeting in October.

175/05 CORRESPONDENCE FOR POSSIBLE ACTION

1. WFDC Parish Forum meeting, Thursday, 13th October, at 7 pm.

2. WCC Waste Core Strategy, workshop, 4th/5th/6th October - no-one able to attend

3. Community Housing Group, AGM 27th September - no-one able to attend

4. Bromsgrove DC, questionnaire on Affordable Housing - Clerk to complete

5. WCC provisional Local Transport Plan 2006-2011, meetings

176/05 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION

The attached list of items of correspondence were noted.

177/05 INFORMATION ITEMS/ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

1. Land at Station Drive/A.456

178/05 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

This is confirmed as 19th October 2005 at Blakedown Parish Room.

The meeting closed at 10.04 pm.

 

 

Dated this 19th day of October 2005

 

………………………………............

Chairman