CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL51
Minutes of the Meeting of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council held on Wednesday, 21st June 2006, in Blakedown Parish Room.
PRESENT Cllr R J Whiston (Chairman)
Cllr A J Cairns
Cllr S J Danks
Cllr P A Dearden
Cllr Mrs P V Hayward
Cllr Mrs I A Scott
In attendance: District Councillor Stephen Williams
R D Gurney, Clerk to the Parish Council
82/06 SIGNING OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
Having been unable to attend the previous meeting Cllr Whiston signed the Acceptance of Office.
83/06 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
These were received and accepted from Cllr Pitt.
84/06 ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN
As there were no nominations it was agreed that and this item be left on the agenda.
85/06 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
86/06 COMMUNITY POLICING
There were no representatives present and no report had been made available.
ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
(No members of the public were in attendance).
87/06 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR
County Cllr Clee submitted his apology and there was no report.
88/06 PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY
The Chairman reported that he had received a letter of resignation from Dr Jan Parker, as she has now moved away from the area. The Clerk has spoken to the Electoral Registration Officer at WFDC who will set in motion the procedure for a replacement.
89/06 CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 17th MAY 2006
It was agreed that the following additional sentence be added to Minute no. 61/06(6): “There is no requirement for the Parish Council to appoint a member to the Governing body.” With this addition it was proposed by Cllr Danks, seconded by Cllr Mrs Scott, and RESOLVED that the Minutes, being a true and accurate record of the proceedings of the meeting, be signed by the Chairman.
52CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.06.06
90/06 PROGRESS REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
(1) Parish Web site.The Clerk informed the Meeting that he has received confirmation of the Registration of the three domain names for a further two years. The Chairman noted that the web site has been updated with the results of the Parish Games.
(2) Blakedown Playground. There was nothing to report. The Chairman handed Cllr Danks a letter from Ducklings Day Nursery, Hagley, expressing thanks for being able to use the good facilities at playground during their outing.
(3) Meeting dates and venues for 2006/2007. The Chairman asked if the October meeting could be held on Wednesday 25th October 2006, instead of 18th October. This was agreed.
(4) Stream Course, adj. Churchill Lane. The Clerk has still not received any
information from the Environment Agency and will continue to pursue.
(5) Lengthsman report. Mark Jones was not in attendance. The Clerk was asked to speak to Mr Jones, to ask if he will keep the pavement frontage outside Churchill church clear.
(6) Churchill crossroads. County Cllr Clee has not responded and the Clerk will contact County Cllr Clee to expedite progress.
(7) The Avenue, Blakedown. The Clerk reported that Andrew Needham, the Tree Officer at WFDC did not know the background to the TPO and on whom it had been served, presumably when the adjoining houses were built. He commented that the applications to remove branches had been made by adjoining householders, who had carried out the work at their expense. He welcomed the work the Mark Jones had done around the trees in The Avenue.
(8) Consultation on Major Planning Applications. The letter dated 13th June 2006 from Mr Parker, Head of Planning at WFDC, was read out by the Clerk. He commented that a criterion of scale is too subjective. Members wondered whether a planning consultation could relate to the value of the proposed project.
(9) Audit Report and Annual Return. The Clerk read out the report from the Internal Auditor, which showed that the financial aspects of the Parish Council are satisfactory. The Clerk reported that the Annual Return had been completed and it has been submitted to the External Auditor.
(10) Display of Definitive Rights of Way Map. The Clerk reported that he had not been successful with the original suggestion, but would follow up other suggestions.
91/06 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
(1) It was resolved that the comments on the following applications, as detailed, be sent to Wyre Forest DC.
WF/06/0601 Revised position of dormer bungalow (approved under WF/05/0727), Plot 4, Swan Close, Blakedown
CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.06.0653
WF/06/0618Two storey and single storey extensions and erection of double garage, 15 Birmingham Road, Blakedown
WF/06/0634 Erection of a two storey extension at the side, porch to front (resubmission of WF/06/0334), 92 Belbroughton Road, Blakedown
WF/06/0654 Two storey and single storey extension, 11 Forge Lane, Blakedown
(2) The following decisions were reported:
WF/06/0334 Two storey extension and porch, 92 Belbroughton Road, Blakedown
WF/06/0378 Alterations to provide secondary entrance, Park Hall, Blakedown
(Listed Building Consent) - GRANTED
WF/06/0419 (Certificate of Lawful Development) Dwelling unrestricted by agricultural workers condition (attached to planning permission WF/285/80) Sunset Nursery, Waggon Lane, Churchill - WITHDRAWN
WF/06/0457 Canopies with sides over rear balcony, 8 Churchill Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED
WF/06/0508 Extensions, 15 Birmingham Road, Blakedown - WITHDRAWN
(1) The Clerk reported that the current account stands at £4,067.75p in credit and the Instant Access account stands at £9,546.20p, giving a total balance of £13,613.95p.
(2) It was resolved that the following accounts be approved for payment:
Staples UK Ltd, photocopying, stamps, stationery - May
£29.86 + £2.91 VAT (3 invoices) £ 32.77
Prysmian Cables & Systems Ltd
(street lighting maintenance 01.04.04 - 31.03.06)
£1,913.40 + £334.85 VAT £2,248.25
Diane Malley (Internal Auditor) £100.00
Mark Jones £530.00
Vernon Rudge (May/June) £300.00
Prysmian Cables & Systems Ltd (lighting safety report)
£204.00 + £35.70 VAT £239.70
93/06 PROCEDURE FOR APPOINTMENT OF SCHOOL GOVERNORS
The Clerk read out an email from the CALC Executive Officer, which confirmed that
54CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.06.06
parish councils have lost the right to appoint school governors, but they will be able to nominate Community Governors. The Clerk reported further that the new system comes into operation in September 2006 and, therefore, Cllr Dearden will cease to be the Parish Council appointed Governor at that date (Cllr Mrs Hayward reported that he has been appointed as a Community Governor). The Clerk was asked to find out when parish councils were informed of these changes.
94/06 WYRE FOREST PARISH GAMES
The detailed results of the Parish Games was enclosed with to the agenda. Members were very pleased to note that Churchill and Blakedown Parish had won and the Chairman expressed the congratulations of the Parish Council to all who took part. A letter of thanks is to be sent to Geoff Elwell for organising the teams.
95/06 ELECTRONIC DELIVERY OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The Clerk reported that WFDC has carried out pilot studies of this scheme and now hope that the problems found have been resolved. Applications are likely to be sent out on a CD at a convenient time monthly, with the hope that the scheme can be started in September. The Clerk is to attend a final training session on 24th July, when the laptop and projector will be handed over, at which time this equipment will become the responsibility of the Parish Council (for maintenance and insurance). It may be necessary for Standing Order no. 65 to be amended.
96/06 DELEGATION OF LITTER PICKING TO THE LENGTHSMAN
The Clerk reported that a report was discussed at the recent CALC Area Meeting in which district councils will fund some litter picking by the parish lengthsman; this has been agreed to in principle by the County Council. Details of the scale of the payment, type of litter involved, etc, have not yet been sorted out, but it is likely to be a 50/50 split with parish councils. One requirement of taking part in the scheme is that the Parish Council has to have signed up to the Charter.
97/06 CORRESPONDENCE FOR COMMENT
(1) WFDC Planning Training, Wednesday, 28th June - no-one able to attend
(2) WCC Waste Core Strategy, Preferred Options report - no comment made
(3) WCC Children and Young People's Plan - passed to Cllrs Cairns and Danks
(4) WMRA The Black Country Regional Spatial Strategy - passed to Cllr Mrs Hayward
98/06 GRAFFITI ON RAILWAY BRIDGE
The Clerk stated that this has been reported to Amey Mouchel, agents for the Highways Agency, but no action has yet been taken.
99/06 CORRESPONDENCE FROM CALC
Several matters raised at the Area Meeting have been discussed already at this meeting.
100/06 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION
(1) WFDC - The Wyre Forest DC new Scheme of Delegation for determining
planning applications (including an easier option for speaking at Meetings)
(2) Police/Community Consultative Group, agenda for 19th July 2006
CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 21.06.0655
(3) CPRE Fieldwork
(4) WCC - June/July Bus Bulletin
(5) Kinver PC agenda papers and minutes
(6) Community Housing, change of meeting dates
101/06 ITEMS OR PARISH INTEREST/ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA
1. Speeding vehicles in Belbroughton Road
2. Geoff Elwell to speak re Millennium Green
3. Possible amendment to Standing Orders
102/06 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The next of the Parish Council will be held on 19th July 2006, in Blakedown Parish Room.
The meeting closed at 9.32 pm.
Dated this 19th day of July 2006 ………………………………............