CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL15
Minutes of the Meeting of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council held on Wednesday, 19th October 2005, in Blakedown Parish Room.
PRESENT Cllr R J Whiston (Chairman)
Cllr A J Cairns
Cllr S J Danks
Cllr P A Dearden
Cllr Mrs P V Hayward
Cllr B A Pitt
Cllr Mrs M Thomas
In attendance: PC Andy McGill
R D Gurney, Clerk to the Parish Council
179/05 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
These were received and accepted from Cllr Dr Parker and Cllr Mrs Scott.
180/05 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Cllr Whiston declared a personal interest in Planning Applications nos. WF/0961/05 and WF/0963/05 (Minute no. 185/05).
181/05 COMMUNITY POLICING
PC McGill was invited to address the meeting. He commented that policing matters in this area have been very quiet, with the cutting of a farmer’s fence being the only item brought to his attention in the last month; this reflected the reduction in reported crime across the area. PC McGill referred to the setting up of Neighbourhood Policy Units and this re- structuring will mean a movement of officers, although unlikely in this area. PC McGill will remain as the Beat Officer. There followed a discussion about the role of Community Safety Officers and how complaints to the Police are prioritised.
ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
(No members of the public were in attendance).
182/05 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR
County Cllr Clee was not in attendance and there was no report.
183/05 TO CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 21st SEPTEMBER 2005
Subject to the deletion of the words “Members felt that no action should be taken at present, but” in Minute no. 167(4)/05, it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Thomas, seconded by Cllr Cairns, and resolved that the Minutes, being a true and accurate record of the proceedings of the meeting, be signed by the Chairman.
184/05 PROGRESS REPORTS FOR INFORMATION
(1) Parish Web site. Malcolm Hall was not able to attend, but he had given the Clerk details of the recent usage of the web site; this continues to be remarkably high.
(2) Blakedown Playground. The AGM is to be held on 20th October 2005.
16CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 19.10.05
(3) Consultation with Kinver PC. The Clerk has spoken to the Assistant Clerk at Kinver PC and it is agreed that a copy of our next agenda will be sent.
(4) Stream course adj. Churchill Lane. Cllr Mrs Hayward said that this is referred to as “Ganlow Brook” on the old maps for Churchill. The Clerk will enquire how the current survey being undertaken by the Environment Agency is progressing.
(5) Street naming, Churchill/Crown Lane. The Chairman reported that these have been installed and no complaint/comment has been received.
(6) WCC Assistance with Street Lighting. The Clerk reported that he has not received any response from Pirelli, but he will pursue the matter.
(7) Request for Footway along A.451, Iverley. The Clerk reported that he has received a letter from Kinver PC, supporting the request and asking whether there is any concern if this footway along A.451 is also a cycleway. He will respond to Kinver PC, suggesting that they write to Staffordshire CC with this request.
(8) Bulb Planting, Churchill and Ismere. The Clerk reported that, having written in support of this to the HPU after the last meeting, the necessary details for the planting were agreed.
(9) Repair to Street Light no. 13, Lynwood Drive. The Clerk reported that his replacement column should have been replaced by today (19th October). It has not and the Clerk will chase Central Networks for an explanation.
(10) Lengthsman Scheme. The Clerk has discussed this matter with both Andy Broome (HPU) and Mark Jones. It is hoped that Mr Broome will be able to assess this soon and then a meeting can be arranged with Mark Jones. Once the duties relating to hedge trimming, etc., are scaled down in the winter it will be necessary for Members to suggest other work for him to undertake.
(11) Parish Forum. The Clerk had attended on 13th October. The main issues discussed were (i) the proposed change to electronic transfer of applications to Parish Councils; (ii) the County/District/Parish Charter; (iii) an update on the application for development at Wolverhampton Business Airport; and (iv) impending changes to the HPUs.
(12) Tree issues, Churchill Lane/Mill Lane/ The Avenue. The Clerk reported that Andrew Hall (HPU) has been in contact with the relevant landowners. There is still an unresolved matter of the ownership of The Avenue, as some of the trees here are in need of some attention. Cllr Mrs Hayward agreed to speak to Mr Needham and the Clerk will write to obtain a legal opinion from CALC/NALC.
185/05 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
(1) It was resolved that the comments on the following applications, as detailed, be sent to Wyre Forest DC:
WF/0939/05 LBC: Replacement windows, replacement door and frame, Attlee House, Churchill
WF/0940/05LBC: Refurbishment of roof structure, making good brick structure/repointing, installation of windows and doors, new external opening, fitting out to form office space, Attlee House, Churchill
No objection, subject to alterations and materials not detracting from character of the barn
CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 19.10.05 17
WF/0952/05 Conversion of barn outbuilding to form office for use in conjunction with existing dwelling, Attlee House, Churchill
WF/0961/05 Partial demolition and reconstruction of outbuildings and retention of replacement buildings (known as Coachmans Cottage, Gardeners Cottage, Keepers Cottage, Dairy Cottage) for residential use with occupancy to be restricted to holidaymakers or employees at Park Hall (retrospective); conversion of Activity/Play Barn to provide granny annex; alterations to existing swimming pool including provision of canopy; alterations to existing machinery/implement store, including creation of first floor storage area; erection of 5 bay car port to replace arched storage building and chicken shed and replacement of garage/workshop; relocation of oil storage tank, septic tank, fencing, improvements to access to Perryford Lane and upgrading of shared internal driveway and access area, Park Hall, Birmingham Road, Blakedown
Objects to the creation of these additional units of residential accommodation in this Green Belt location, as the PC is unaware of any very special circumstances having been made for justification. As such the PC considers that no justification can be made for the other works and development indicated and is concerned with the increase in the use of the access to A.456 Trunk Road, which would result from this development.
Note that Listed Building Enforcement Notices have been served regarding the retrospective works on the listed buildings. PC fully supports this action by WFDC.
Objects to the retrospective application for LBC on the grounds that the works undertaken on several buildings affects both the character of these buildings and the overall setting of Park Hall will be adversely affected.
WF/0985/05 Single storey extensions to front/side/rear with pitched roofs, Stagg Hill, New Wood Lane, Blakedown
WF/0727/05 (additional plan) Bungalow with rooms in roofspace, Plot 4 Swan Close, Blakedown
WF/1013/05 Entrance porch, Ashfield House, Sugar Loaf Lane, Ismere
18CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 19.10.05
(2) That the following Decision Notices be noted:
WF/0717/05 Stable block and change of use of land for the keeping of horses, off New Wood Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED
WF/0718/05 Stable block and change of use of land for the keeping of horses, off New Wood Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED
WF/0850/05 Fell willow, The Mill, 38 Mill Lane, Blakedown - GRANTED
WF/0861/05 Fell Scots Pine, 11 Lynwood Drive, Blakedown - GRANTED
(1) The Clerk reported that the current account stands at £1,650.84p in credit and the Instant Access account stands at £15,117.14p, giving a total balance of £16,787.98p.
(2) The half year Receipts and Payment/Budget Summary was enclosed with the agenda. This was accepted
(2) It was proposed by Cllr Dearden, seconded by Cllr Mrs Thomas, and resolved that the following accounts be approved for payment:
Staples UK Ltd, photocopying, stationery, stamps - September
£33.02 + £2.88 VAT (3 invoices) £ 35.90
Blakedown Parish Room Committee (4 meetings) £ 56.00
Mark Jones (handyman), 4 weeks to 14.10.05 £320.00
187/05 HIGHWAY MATTERS
The Clerk reported that he had not received any recent information from WCC regarding possible schemes at Churchill crossroads. It was agreed that the Clerk contacts County Cllr Clee, to ask him how this matter has progressed.
188/05 LAND ADJ. THE STATION, STATION DRIVE
The Clerk reported that he had received an email from Mr Griffiths, asking for the Parish Council to have a more positive response to the question of the car park and development north of Station Drive, so that he can speak to the planners at WFDC. Members did not feel that they were able to add to their previous comments as the duty of a parish council is to represent the views of the residents and without detailed plans this is difficult. In this case there are differing views across the parish and the PC should only make its views public when there is a formal application to consider.
189/05 DEVELOPMENT AT 21 and 23 BIRMINGHAM ROAD
The Clerk reported that, following receipt in September 2005 of the decision notice for WF/0757/04, he had written to the Planners regarding the compliance with certain important conditions which should have been complied with before development commenced on site. The developers built these 7 houses prior to receipt of planning permission and with the threat of enforcement action. The Enforcement Officer now confirms that the conditions regarding the site conditions and noise levels have been complied with and the contribution towards ‘education’ has also now been paid.
CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 19.10.0519
It was agreed that the Clerk writes again to WFDC, pointing out that what has been built does not comply with the plans seen by the PC; how much was paid for ‘education’ and who will benefit; why did the PC not have the opportunity to request a contribution for a village activity through the S. 106 Agreement; and why was no social housing included on the combined site?
190/05 RISK ASSESSMENT
The revised Risk Assessment was circulated with the agenda. It was agreed that this be adapted as the basis for assessing the Parish Council’s risks. It was suggested that the annual consideration of the risks should be spread over several meetings, avoiding the Annual Meeting.
191/05 SPEAKER FOR THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
The Chairman asked for suggestions for a speaker at the Annual Parish Meeting in April 2006. It was agreed that Mr Mike Parker be invited and the Clerk was asked to find out his availability.
192/05 CORRESPONDENCE FROM CALC
The Clerk reported that the AGM is to be held on Saturday, 29th October 2005, at 10.00 am, in County Hall. No Members were able to attend.
1. WFDC Local Development Framework - Clerk to respond by 8th November
2. South Staffs Local Development Framework - Clerk to respond by 7th November3. WFDC - notification of 3 Enforcement and 2 Listed Building Enforcement appeals at Coachmans Cottage, Dairy Cottage and Gardeners Cottage, Park Hall, Blakedown. Clerk to submit comments by 11th November 2005, based on the comments made on application WF/0963/05 (Minute no. 185/05).
194/05 CORRESPONDENCE FOR NOTING
1. WFDC approval of Local Development Scheme 2005
2. WFDC notification of Mr Elwell as Parish Games organiser for 2006
3. WCC advice regarding decorative lighting from street lighting columns
4. Blakedown Tenants Consultative Committee meeting, 25th October 2005
195/05 INFORMATION ITEMS/ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING
1. Cllr Cairns informed Members that he had discussed the question of parking at the Old House at Home PH. The Parish Council’s position had been explained and the landlord would be prepared to meet Members. It was felt that he landlord should be informed that the PC does not wish to pursue this matter; the original enquiry of WFDC had been to ascertain the current position and it is known that there is no Agreement in place.
2. Grant for the Millennium Green Trust
20CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 19.10.05
196/05 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Wednesday, 16th November 2005 at Blakedown Parish Room.
The meeting closed at 10.02 pm.
Dated this 16th day of November 2005 Chairman