CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL 39

Minutes of the Meeting of Churchill and Blakedown Parish Council held on Wednesday, 15th March 2006, in Blakedown Parish Room.

PRESENT Cllr R J Whiston (Chairman)

Cllr A J Cairns

Cllr S J Danks

Cllr Mrs P V Hayward

Cllr Dr J M Parker (until Item 13, Minute no. 47/06)

Cllr B A Pitt

Cllr Mrs I A Scott

Cllr Mrs M Thomas (until Item 13, Minute no. 47/06)

In attendance: District Cllr Stephen Williams

PC Belinda Sparks

R D Gurney, Clerk to the Parish Council

35/06 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

These were received and accepted from Cllr P A Dearden.

36/06 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Cairns declared a prejudicial interest in Item 8 (Minute 43/06), Request for Grant.

37/06 COMMUNITY POLICING

The Chairman invited PC Belinda Sparks to speak. She informed the Meeting that there had been two reported thefts in the past month, one from a car and one from a tack room. Members commented that there had been a recent theft of fuel from a farm.

ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

(No members of the public were in attendance).

38/06 REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

County Cllr Clee’s Annual Report for 2005/2006, which was circulated with the agenda, was accepted.

39/06 TO CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 15th FEBRUARY 2006

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Scott, seconded by Cllr Dr Parker, and RESOLVED that the Minutes, being a true and accurate record of the proceedings of the meeting, be signed by the Chairman.

40/06 PROGRESS REPORTS FOR INFORMATION

(1) Parish Web site. Malcolm Hall was invited to speak. He reported that 1,400 hits were made in the last month, there are 10 regular users and the first payment for an advert has been agreed - but the cheque has not been received. The Clerk informed the Council that the three domain names have now been registered for a further two years. The times of the mobile library will be put on the web site.

40 CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 15.03.06

(2) Blakedown Playground. Cllr Danks reported that the Group is still applying for grants and all matters are in hand.

(3) Stream Course, adj. Churchill Lane. The Clerk has still not been able to obtain any information from the Environment Agency but will follow this up.

(4) Lengthsman report. Mark Jones was not able to attend, but it was reported that he has dealt with the widening of the footway outside the school. The Clerk informed the meeting that he had applied for the grants from WCC for the Lengthsman’s duties.

(5) Churchill crossroads. No information has been received and the Clerk will make enquiries as to the current position.

(6) Section 106 Agreement, WF/0757/04, 21 Birmingham Road, Blakedown. The reply received from WCC Education department was attached to the agenda. Members expressed concern that residents and governors (in the case of money for education purposes) were not informed of the contents of S.106 agreements. It was noted that the Governors of Blakedown School are pursuing this matter. The Clerk agreed to find out the County Council’s usual means of communication on such matters. Cllr Williams agreed to arrange for parish councils to be informed by WFDC of progress reports on S.106 Agreements.

(7) Footpath CB 531, off Birmingham Road. No reply has been received from the Footpath Section at County Hall.

(8) Electronic service of planning applications. The Clerk reported that this matter was raised at the CALC Area Meeting the previous week. WFDC has agreed to fund each town and parish council in the District the full amount for the equipment to display and deal with planning applications. There are pilot studies taking place and some training will be necessary. It is likely that there will have to be some budgeting in future years.

(9) Grosvenor Hall. No reply has been received from WFDC.

(10) Display of new Definitive Rights of Way map. No reply has been received from the Parish Rooms Trustees.

(11) Police Community Consultative Group. Mr Keys’ report was received.

41/06 ITEMS OF PARISH INTEREST/ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA

It was agreed that this item be brought forward in view of some Members having to leave early.

1. Cllr Dr Parker informed the Meeting that the latest report from Wolverhampton Business Airport is that no further development is to take place. With both Birmingham and Coventry expanding, Halfpenny Green will continue at the same level.

2. Cllr Mrs Hayward informed the Council that the Black Poplar Tree us due to be planted near the Pound on 16th March.

42/06 PLANNING APPLICATIONS

(1) It was resolved that the comments on the following applications, as detailed, be sent to Wyre Forest DC.

WF/06/0167 Rear extension to facilitate games room, Tudor House, 3 New Wood Lane, Blakedown

No objection.

CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 15.03.06 41

WF/06/0230 Part demolition, two storey extension to form store and office, 39A Birmingham Road, Blakedown

No objection, but suggest that the long window overlooking the car park be obscure glazed.

(2) It was resolved that the comment on the following appeal be sent to the Planning Inspectorate.

WF/05/1107 Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of 2 detached houses,

6 Churchill Lane, Blakedown

The PC’s comments are unchanged, but feel unable to support the reasons for refusal.

43/06 REQUEST FOR GRANT

A letter on behalf of the Blakedown Scout Group was circulated with the agenda. It was proposed by Cllr Whiston, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hayward, and agreed that £250 be paid as a contribution to the rent for the premises.

44/06 FINANCE

(1) The Clerk reported that the current account stands at £350.15p in credit and the Instant Access account stands at £11,506.41p, giving a total balance of £11,856.56p.

(2) The Receipts and Payments Account for 06.12.05 - 08.03.06 was received.

(3) It was resolved that the following accounts be approved for payment:

Staples UK Ltd, photocopying, stationery, stamps - February

£16.08 + £1.55 VAT (2 invoices) £ 17.63

R D Gurney - salary, February/March 2006 £525.60

- expenses, 01.11.06 - 08.03.06

£60.16 + £0.66 VAT £ 60.82

- web site registration renewal,

£143.85 + £ 25.17 VAT £169.02

Blakedown Parish Room Committee (Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan) £ 56.00

Mark Jones handyman, 4 weeks to 09.03.06 320.00

lengthsman, 4 weeks to 09.03.06 160.00 £480.00

Blakedown Scout Group £250.00

£1,559.07

45/06 LISTING OF MILESTONE AT BLAKEDOWN

The Clerk reported that the milestone on the A.456 near the junction with Churchill Lane has been listed by the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, the details of the listing being enclosed with the agenda. The Clerk hopes that the local Press may be interested in giving this some publicity.

46/06 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING/NEWSLETTER

Copies of the newsletter were handed to Members for distribution. The Meeting will be

42 CHURCHILL AND BLAKEDOWN PARISH COUNCIL Minutes 15.03.06

advertised on the web site and the police and press will be sent a notice. The Clerk has been unable to find a Speaker from the Environment Agency.

47/06 THE AVENUE, BLAKEDOWN

An email reply from the NALC Legal was circulated with the agenda. The advice given is that the Parish Council is able to spend money for work in The Avenue, as this would be covered by S.137, as this would bring direct benefit to the inhabitants of the Parish. It seems that WFDC would have powers to deal with dangerous trees. Members asked the Clerk to find out whether this can be registered as a footpath and to make a search with the Land Registry to see if there are any claims to the ownership.

48/06 SAFETY WORK AT THE WAR MEMORIAL

The Clerk will discuss the work with Mark Jones, on the lines of the ideas discussed in 2003/4, and to liaise with Cllr Mrs Hayward.

49/06 MAJOR PLANNING APPLICATIONS

The Clerk has written to Mr Parker to ask if parish councils likely to be affected by large development proposals can be consulted. A reply is awaited.

50/06 BEST KEPT VILLAGE COMPETITION

Details of this were passed to Malcolm Hall to be put on the web site.

51/06 CORRESPONDENCE FROM CALC

The Mail was circulated with the agenda.

52/06 ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PARISH

Members felt that recognition of the contribution a resident has made to the Parish during the year should be made at the Annual Parish Meeting. After some discussion it was agreed that the Chairman discusses possible recipients with Members, the award(s) being funded from the Chairman’s allowance.

53/06 CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION

(1) WFDC 2006 Service Audit of Development Control

(2) Highways Agency (a) Detrunking Order for A.456 and (b) Revocation Order for Kidderminster/Blakedown/Hagley Bypass

(3) WCC Consultation on cachment areas for schools in Wyre Forest area

(4) CPRE invitation; Food, Farming and the Environment; 6th May at Alcester

(5) Kinver PC agenda papers and minutes

54/06 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

The Annual Parish Meeting is confirmed for 19th April 2006 in Blakedown Parish Room.

The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council will be held on 17th May 2006, in Blakedown Parish Room.

The meeting closed at 9.44 pm.

Dated this 17th day of May 2006 ………………………………............

Chairman